9/11/10

Brand Verses Budget


So you already know I'm crazy about shopping, but moreover I'm crazy about getting deals.  I rarely buy unless its a super sale- I'm talking minimum 60% off designer merchandise! Some of my fave brands are Guess, Michael Kors, Burberry, L.A.M.B, Marc Jacobs, Dolce Vita, and about 10 others. Authentic only- no bootlegs allowed in my closet.

Although I shop designers, I'm very frugal and cautious about what I buy. I like to purchase quality, merchandise that will stand the test of time because I'm more of a collector. I shop strategically by stalking sites and stores daily seeking opportunities to get discounted merchandise for my collections. Often times I go to department stores to simply test out brands, check for flaws, loose threads, poor workmanship, and even rough it up a little bit to test its durability.

As smart consumers we know that most often we are just paying for the "name", so its important to assess the true value to determine if the item is worth the asking price. If you favor quality, high end brands as many of us do, and have limited glam dollars, consider outlet shopping or discount stores like Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, Loehmanns, or e-tailers like Beyond The Rack, HauteLook, or Ideeli.

No comments:

Post a Comment